The Challenges and Pressures
Here are some resources for you to enjoy on the challenges and pressures non ridden equines and people who choose not to ride face. This section will have more articles and information added as time goes by. Links are always checked once added, however articles can get removed and websites close, so if the links to a resource do not work please let us know.
If you have some information that should be added please Get in Touch. We aim to have many voices contributing to this resource.
The Challenge and Pressure:-
- The Non Ridden Horse. By Vicki Jayne Yates BA Hons
- I Can Never Ride My Horse (And It’s Actually OK). By Cassidy Weyel
- Golden Gifts in Crappy Paper. By Vicki Jayne Yates BA Hons
- If you can't Afford a Retired Horse, You can't Afford a Horse! By Matilde Brandt
- Responsible Equine Rehoming. By the Blue Cross
- The Best Reasons to Stop Riding By Anna Blake
- 5 Reasons why Horses make the Best Pets By Ecowood Pellets
- I Don’t Ride My Horse. By Kristina Simmons
- Anger Management. By Justine Harrison.
- Word From The Herd ~ Grief. By Wadi Farm Equine Learning Centre.
- Dream Sellers. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. By Vicki Jayne Yates
- Losing a Herd Member. By
- To all of us who don’t ride as much as we “should” By Katy had a Little Farm
- Stress Busters. By Justine Harrison
- Animal EMDR: For the Treatment of Emotional Disorders. By
Par François G. Cellier
- Signs Your Horse May Be in Pain. By Casie Bazay
- Can Animals Consent? By Sarah Schlote
- When Retirement isn't the Kindest Thing. By Horse Wisdom
- The Lucky One? By Vicki Jayne Yates BA Hons
- What do you say when horse people say “He’s just taking the…. “ By Dr Helen Spence
- The Great Natural Horse Keeping Hoax. By Hoof Geek
- The Equine Pain Face Learn to recognise the signs By Karina Bech Gleerup
- Horses' Eye Blink Rate Could Reveal Stress Levels. By Christa Lesté-Lasserre, MA
- Practical applications of herd dynamics. Written by Sharon Smith
- Four ways having a pet increases your lifespan. By Janette Young
- Stress in Horses By Casie Bazay
- Maverick By Vicki Jayne Yates BA Hons
- Word From The Herd ~ Calming Signals. By Wadi Farm Equine Learning Centre.
- Companion Animals By The Info Pony
Barn Sour Drama. By Terry Golson
Dispelling Myths and Challenging Thinking. By Vicki Jayne Yates BA Hons
Horses aren’t made to be ridden. By Chuck Mintzlaff
Identifying Physical vs. Psychological Issues in Horses. By Sue McDonnell
Are you looking for myths and magic? By Maisie Wake
Holding Space ~ Chipilly's Tale. By Wadi Farm Equine Learning Centre.
TRANSITIONING from Shoes to Bare. By Scoot Boot
Horse Myth #9 - 'Don't Pet a Frightened Horse, You'll Reinforce His Fear' By Lauren Fraser, CHBC
Myths That Lead To Punishment. By Adele Shaw
The Last Resort. By Vicki Jayne Yates BA Hons
Spotting a Sketchy Horse Rescue. Good equine rescues provide a wonderful service. Here’s how to tell the solid from the shady. By Laura Rose
Ridicule or Compliment? The Pasture or Field Ornament Horse. By Vicki Jayne Yates BA Hons
Dealing With Enthusiastic Equine Learners. Learn how to modify an overzealous carrot stretcher’s behaviour. By Sue McDonnell, PhD, Certified AAB
Desensitizing and Counter-Conditioning Horses. By Terry Golson
Farewell to Riding - Tears of Blood. By Vicki Jayne Yates BA Hons
STAND UP FOR YOURSELF & YOUR HORSE. By Linda Salinas
Eight Alternatives to Bute BY CASIE
Ownership and The Welfare Crisis. By Vicki Jayne Yates BA Hons
- How Does PETA Feel About Horseback Riding?
- Want to Improve Horse Welfare? Change Human Habits. By Christa Lesté-Lasserre, MA
- Is your horse the Right Weight? By World Horse Welfare
What is Horse Ownership All About? By Vicki Jayne Yates BA Hons
The views expressed by contributors to the website may not necessarily be the view shared by you or the founding members of the Non Ridden Equine Association UK. The website content will be very diverse therefore impossible to apply a quality standard. Therefore we encourage you to use what you learn from here with common sense and with on-going support from professionals of your choice.