Here you will find links to information and articles from a number of different voices. The Non Ridden Equine Association UK is a platform for diversity and sharing. It is a collective of people be they novices to professionals. Links are always checked once added, however articles can get removed and websites close, so if the links to a resource do not work please let us know.
If you have read an article or seen something that should be included in the resources please Get in Touch we would love to hear from you. The more of us who can contribute to the resource bank the richer it will be. We are always delighted to add more resources to the library.
- Get on Target with More Yes. By Vicki Jayne Yates
- The Super Power of Reinforcement Histories. By Jen - Spellbound.
- Myth Monday: Training with Food rewards causes pushy Horses. By HippoLogic
- 5 Reasons to Try Clicker Training with Your Horse By Tiffani
- Academy of Positive Horsemanship. By Equi-libre Horses
- Positive Reinforcement. By Sue McDonnell
Reinforcement: Where Does it Fit In With Equine Training? By Antonia J.Z. Henderson
- What is Clicker Training Actually Good for? By Catherine Bell
- Motivation Series. Part 1. For parts 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 please click here and then scroll down.
What is positive reinforcement and clicker training? By Fairhorsemanship.
- What Behavioural Science Do I Need To Know? By the Equine Behaviour and Training Association
- Clicker Training Library from Karen Pryor and a vast array of experts.
- How To Begin Equine Clicker Training by Hertha James
- Clicker Training - The First Law of Shaping Behaviours. By Amanda Martin
- Clicker Training. A collection of useful articles from Equi-libre Horses
- Clicker training 101: Tips for Treats. By HippoLogic
- Clicker Training Tips. By Peggy Hogan.
Load Your Horse Confidently: Using Reward Reinforcement by Hertha James
Recipe Horse Cookies. By HippoLogic
Home Study Courses from Connection Training
Why I Don’t Give My Horses "Treats" By Adele Shaw
Journal of Animal Consciousness. By Sarah Reagan and Chiara Marrapodi
3 Tips for Treats in Horse Training. By Hippo Logic
- Facebook Group - Obstacle Challenges for Equine Clicker Trainers.
- Equine Clicker Training.
- The Goat Diaries – Day 6: Staying Positive with Constructional Training By Alexandra Kurland
- JOY Full Horses. By Alexandra Kurland
The Power Of Positive Reinforcement. By Adele Shaw
Is Your Horse Food-Focused AKA Treat Crazy? By Listen to Your Horse
- Myth Monday: ‘Treats in training and Respect don’t go well together’ By HippoLogic
Desensitizing / The Methods. By Adele Shaw
Eliminating Aversives in Training: If Dogs, Then Why Not Horses? By Catherine Bell
What’s Learning Theory? I’m Glad You Asked By FRØYAS ADVENTURES
When can I stop using food? in Clicker Training. By Hippo Logic
Word From The Herd ~ Positive Reinforcement. By Wadi Farm Equine Learning Centre
Hand Feeding Treats. By The Info Pony
The Negative Impact of Positive Reinforcement. By Ren Hurst
How to… teach your horse to ignore grass. By Hippo Logic
ARE YOU AFRAID OF TREATS? By Sophie's Horsetales
Which treats are safe for horses? By Becky Murray
7 Tips for Clicker Trainers. By Hippo Logic
How To Teach Your Horse Treat Manners By Horse Tricks 101
Clicker Training for Horses. BY COLLEEN RUTHERFORD ARCHER
WHY TRAIN VOLUNTARY COOPERATION IN HORSES? By Robin Foster
The views expressed by contributors to the website may not necessarily be the view shared by you or the founding members of the Non Ridden Equine Association UK. The website content will be very diverse therefore impossible to apply a quality standard. Therefore we encourage you to use what you learn from here with common sense and with on-going support from professionals of your choice.